Here are some Frequently Asked Questions About PikMe
How to request a ride?
To request a ride on PikMe, download the app and create an account. Then:
- Open the PikMe app
- Select your pickup location and enter your destination. You can either select using GPS or search for a location.
- Select your type of ride
- Tap on the ‘Select’ to request a ride option. That’s it!
How to make payment for my ride?
When your ride is over, you will find the option for payment. First, rate your driver. You can make the ratings from 1 star up to 5. Leave any feedback in the comment box.
We provide multiple payment options for your ride.
- The default payment card will be charged. To change your payment method, tap the credit/debit card icon in the Payment section then select your preferred payment option.
- Once you press Submit button on the rating screen, you will be charged to your default payment and rating will be submitted to our system. We will email you a receipt with all the details.
- You can alternatively make the payment using e-wallets and cash.
Why am I charged a cancellation fee?
You may be charged a fee for canceling a ride for the following reason:
- 2 minutes or more after a driver accepts your ride request
- Your driver is on time to arrive in less than 5 minutes to the location.
What to do If I have been charged incorrectly?
If you have been charged incorrectly, you can raise request in the app.
- Open the app, select the ride section
- Select the ride for which you have a discrepancy, then tap ‘Ride history’
- Tap on the ‘Review Fares’ then select the reason for the review.
- We will look at what happened and review the ride fares.
What if my app isn’t working?
Download a new version of the app from the Android/ iOS App Store. If you are still having trouble installing the app or unable to use it, you can write a mail to email@example.com
Why I am not able to request a ride
If you can’t request a ride, it can be due to the following reason:
Your payment might have been declined
You might be having a low balance in your wallet.
There might be any cabs available in your area
We might not be serviceable in your area yet.
How can I delete my account?
- Go to the settings section from your app
- Select the profile section in your app
- Click on ‘Delete Your app’ and follow the instruction in your email.
If you delete your account, it will be immediately deactivated. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted from our servers.
We might keep your data in our server for law enforcement reference or as requested to be provided by any Government/Judicial authority.
How can I sign up with Pikme?
You can sign up with us by providing some info about yourself. The best way to do is by downloading the driver app.
Upload the below documents for verification and authentication:
- Drive’s License
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Taxi permit
- Police verification certificate (this may vary depending on your location)
Once we verify your documents, you will be able to ride with us. You will be to go online, receive ride request, and then start earning.
How will I get paid?
Driver-partners are paid using bank transfer. You should make sure that you have updated your banking details with us.
Why my account is not activated?
If your account is not activated, it might be due to various reasons.
- Your documents might have been rejected by our verification team
- You might not have uploaded all the required documents.
- If you already uploaded all the documents, please wait for 72 hours for your account to be authenticated.
If you are still facing problems, you can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I cancel the trip?
If you accept a trip request, but you are unable to fulfill the rider request. You can use the option in your app to cancel it.
Will I get charged a penalty for refusing ride?
If a passenger cancels when you’ve already started driving, you can earn a cancellation fee if:
- 2 minutes or more after you accept the ride request
- You are EnRoute on time to arrive in less than 5 minutes to the location.
Will I get compensated for a passenger not showing up?
If you arrive at the designated pickup location within the ETA, and you are unable to locate the passenger. You will be eligible for ‘No-Show Fee’ after the duration of 3 minutes.
You can claim the fee by tapping ‘Passenger not present ‘and then tap ‘Confirm’
When is it acceptable to cancel and refuse a ride?
We understand that there are times when it’s perfectly reasonable for you to cancel a ride, you already accepted. There is a certain exceptional situation during which we won’t penalize the driver. They are:
- You or your loved one have an emergency
- You run out of fuel or vehicle breakdown.
- Your passenger is forcing you engage in illegal activity, resorting to violent/ abusive behaviour. Note: You can tap SOS to make use of our Safety feature.
- You tried calling the passenger multiple times and you were unable to locate after reaching the pickup location
How do I register to use Paratransit service?
In order to use the Para transit service, you must download our PikMe app.
How do I qualify for Paratransit service?
A person with disabilities who are unable to use the regular, fixed-route transit service that serves their region.
When can a service provider refuse the service to the passenger?
The service provider can refuse a ride if there is a legitimate reason. Eg. If the vehicle equipment is not compatible with the passenger’s mobility device.
How to get inside a vehicle with a wheelchair?
- Lock the brakes on both sides.
- Raise the footplates on both sides.
- Hold the armrests with both hands and slowly sit down into the seat.
- Put your feet onto the foot